Apple carplay and Google play and Wiki <span class="highlight">camps</span>

Submitted: Friday, Jun 23, 2023 at 15:00
ThreadID: 145904 Views:2001 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Can the Exploroz app work through Apple play or Google play in your car. Would be nice to be able to use the large new screen they now fit to cars.
Also I have been told that Wiki camps will send directions to Google maps and provide guideance to that spot. Can ExporeOz be used to do this as well.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have checked the manual but nothing obvious there.
thank you for any help
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Friday, Jun 23, 2023 at 16:06

Friday, Jun 23, 2023 at 16:06
Short answer, no, check the FAQs. Long answer check this forum, there is a third party device that allows this.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643936

Reply By: TB46723 - Saturday, Jun 24, 2023 at 12:30

Saturday, Jun 24, 2023 at 12:30
I assume you mean Android Auto rather than Google Play. If so you can mirror your device onto the cars display once connected via USB. Google Android Auto mirrorlink. Can't help with Apple stuff or the send directions part of your question.
AnswerID: 643943

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 12:57

Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 12:57
The ExplorOz Traveller app works on all ANDROID headunits. ie. headunits that have the Android operating system. This is because these headunits will give access to the Google Playstore which is how the app needs to be purchased/downloaded.

The Apple CarPlay system is not compatible with the ExplorOz Traveller app so if you only have the Travleler app on your iPhone and have a non-Android operating system headunit then no you cannot use the app on the headunit from your phone via CarPlay unless you invest is a gadget called an Android AI box adapter - these supply an Android operating system in a USB plug in adapter that you can connect to your headunit. It then allows the headunit to run the Android OS. These are available on the internet and from our preliminary research as an IT business, our recommendation to anyone wanting to get one of these at the moment would be to look at the CarLinkKit brands of AI adapters CarLinkKit TBox Android 12 AI Box
This page has good info, and a good video. The one I've linked to shows a cost $249. Think that is US$?

EDIT (forgot to reply to the second part of your question before hitting submit)....
The ExplorOz Traveller app doens't need to send directions to Google for you to create turn by turn guidance instructions. Simply use the built in navigator features. If you haven't figured out how to use that feature, just look it up in the User Manual - specifically see Trip Planning (from the index page you can jump to this, which starts on Page 24).

Michelle
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 643974

Follow Up By: Member - Pig - Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 16:26

Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 16:26
Hi Michelle and David for the info.

I may have asked the question the wrong way. I was asking if its possible to be in Wikicamp and send the directions to Exploroz for directions, You can send the direction to Waze, google and a few others.
Anyway explorOz does not come come up as an option. So from that i suspect the simple answer is NO.

Maybe it could be added if asked as these others have the capability.

mark
FollowupID: 923854

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 16:38

Monday, Jun 26, 2023 at 16:38
No that option is not something that either WikiCamps or ExplorOz would wish to pursue. We both offer a paid travel app to the same consumer group so in effect we are competitors. Everything about our products and service is exclusive to our own products. Sorry.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 923855

Follow Up By: Member - Pig - Wednesday, Jun 28, 2023 at 15:07

Wednesday, Jun 28, 2023 at 15:07
thank you for the info. Fully understand.

Mark
FollowupID: 923883

Sponsored Links